Lakeview Cemetery is a burial ground located off of North Avenue in Burlington, Chittenden County, Vermont. The cemetery was created in 1867 and dedicated in 1871, and overlooks Lake Champlain. It is near the current campus of Burlington High School.
Lakeview Cemetery was established in 1867 when the city of Burlington purchased 23 acres of land from H. B. Sawyer for $3,500. In 1868, the city purchased an additional seven from J. A. Arthur for $2,000.
The cemetery was planned in the rural cemetery style that became popular in the mid 1800s. Located at what was then the outskirts of the city and situated near the end of the city's trolley car line, Lakeview included many of the attributes of a park.